Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Foursquare or be square?

My unsolicited opinion on foursquare? 

I'm creeped out about having my entire facebook world know my location, so I don't link it up to FB.  But, it's kind of cool to know where friends that you like - and are relatively certain won't  stalk you - are, and what they're doing.  My former Bostonian turned LA friend took it upon herself to DL and set up a foursquare account for me.  She also took the liberty of moving it to my blackberry homescreen.. because, getting to my phone contacts wasn't THAT important... She is currently my only foursquare friend, and insists that I check in only so that she can see where I am and what I'm doing in the city that she misses.  I think that's nice.

And the deals! LA lady checked in to a bar in San Diego, and we ended up with a free order of tater tots for every round of drinks we ordered.  Let's just say we made friends that evening.

What I'm really trying to say is - is anyone else sneaky on foursquare and do you want to be my friend?  Promise to only creep on you when I find out we are at the same place and it's a happy coincedence. I just love world's colliding, and I like foursquare's potential for facilitating controlled chaos.  Pleeeease?

No comments:

Post a Comment