Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nothing says cultured like yelp...

I don't know if anyone else gets Yelp's weekly emails, but guys.  They're kind of awesome.

I usually just skim through them, but time and time again, the neighborhood suggestions you get are spot-on.  Today's was about sports bars, and their advice that at the Garden you go to the Fours and in the North End you go to the Waterfront.... couldn't have written it any better myself.

From hair cuts to spa services to being the first place I heard about that new thing where you cook raw food in broth on skewers and then eat it - yelp's got me covered.  Each weekly email has a sidebar with fun events going on around town, and that's how I found out about the Lobser and Beer festival I attended last fall.  So delicious.

So, October is culture month, and Yelp is offering free or reduced price admission to a whole bunch of cool things - check out the list here.

Last weekend I grabbed three friends and went on a free Duck Tour, and whenever it posts, I want to check out the Pompei exhibit at the Museum of Science.  I also think it would be cool to go on a tour of the Opera House.

Boston's a pretty happenin place and I've done a good job of living in a few different areas now, but I tend to get stuck in my work - school - home loop and forget to see everything else this city has to offer.  Yelp's a good way to kind of look out the window in my super busy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment