Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Motivate me.

So.  This kid has spent 2 full days in a starbucks, and is currently sitting in my cube at work (on a SUNDAY), sippin on some coffee, reading the news, (when I should be on my couch snugged up in a blankie), all in the name of writing a stupid paper that I just can't make myself start.

Then I found this: http://www.grist.org/article/food-study-links-western-diet-with-adhd-in-kids/

ADD/ADHD scare the bejesus out of me. *NOT because I'm actually scared of people that have it, but because I don't remember people having it when I was a kid, and it seems like this sneaky epidemic that just came out of the woodwork.  While I definitely didn't have it as a child, (Barb would invite friends over to play with me, I'd park them with my unopened Barbies, and go find a tree to read under), I think I grew it in college/work/lawyer college. Probably because it was about that time that Barb stopped cooking my dinners, and I developed the eating habits of Eric Cartman.  Maybe I can webmd myself for awhile to find out if I have ADD/ADHD, then wonder where another full day of "paper writing" went?

Or maybe Ke$ha knows best.  Maybe I  need some rehab. Or maybe just need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment